I am novelist and filmmaker Traci L. Slatton
I am a graduate of Yale and Columbia, and the award-winning, internationally published author of 13 books of fiction, poetry, and non-fiction. My books have won numerous awards and the acclaim of several “Best Of” lists.
I am currently a Director and Writer at Superhuman Film Productions and I am making the documentary Heroic: Sabin Howard Sculpts the National WWI Memorial about the process of my husband master sculptor Sabin Howard sculpting the National WWI Memorial.
My love for Renaissance Italy inspired my historical novel IMMORTAL, a bestseller in Italy, Russia, and Brazil. BROKEN is the gritty, heart-rending tale of a fallen angel in Paris from 1939-1942; this novel speaks to the power of spirit. THE YEAR OF LOVING is a bittersweet contemporary women’s fiction novel that asks, What sustains you when all else falls away?
HEROIC: SABIN HOWARD SCULPTS THE NATIONAL WWI MEMORIAL is the story of one man’s superhuman quest to change the world with his monumental art. This film is also the story of a race against time. Master sculptor Sabin Howard‘s national memorial sculpture A Soldier’s Journey will change the cultural landscape of our nation’s capitol.
These blogposts go back to 2008 and contain my musings on life, the universe, and everything. I review movies and books and the occasional restaurant. I talk about my own books, including THE ART OF LIFE, a photo-essay of sculpture history and philosophy written with my husband master sculptor Sabin Howard, whose work is also showcased.
My Articles on Medium
- THE SCULPTOR’S WIFE, And Concluding The Sculpting of A Soldier’s Journey
- The Paintings of John Morra: Full of Grace and Uplift
- Buckle up, Baby, the Battle Scene Begins!
- The End of the Beginning: Eight of Sabin Howard’s Doughboys Get Ready to Go Back to Europe
- Dani Shapiro’s Inheritance: Full of Grace, Suspenseful, Resonant
- Review of Dr. Steven Greer’s Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind: Fascinating and Poignant
- Review of Triggers: How we can stop reacting and start healing by David Richo
- The Many Faces of Sabin Howard’s National WWI Memorial
- 1917 The Movie: Harrowing and Mesmerizing
- The Salmagundi Club and the Artist’s Responsibility
- And so it begins: Sabin Howard starts sculpting the National WWI Memorial